Monday, March 11, 2013

Sailing in Deep, Dark Waters

   To many men, drunken hours on a midnight ship have not been the friendliest of times--as for me, well, the company is fine and although the bar is closed, the drinks keep coming.  It is quite an anomaly, I would suppose.  But perhaps not.
   My partner and I abandoned the dance floor hours ago.  We had a laugh and shared a drink, but an unpleasant odor from heaven knows where stifled our amorous mood rather quickly.  We joined a party of card players.  It was silly, but soon my money was on the table, and there I was gambling without my wits about me.
   They even got me to put up my yacht.
   I had hoped for it to be a rewarding evening, yet here I am with my dinner jacket in one hand and my empty wallet in the other.  
   My dance partner was the big winner and left without a word but had a big smile just for me.
   Boy, do I hate sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment